Limits and methods of measurement of radio disturbance characteristics of electrical lighting and similar equipment
- all lighting equipment with a primary function of generating and/or distributing light intended for illumination purposes, and intended either for connection to the low voltage electricity supply or for battery operation;
- the lighting part of multi-function equipment where one of the primary functions of this is illumination;
- independent auxiliaries exclusively for use with lighting equipment;
- UV and IR radiation equipment;
- neon advertising signs;
- street/flood lighting intended for outdoor use;
- transport lighting (installed in buses and trains).
The frequency range covered is 9 kHz to 400 GHz. Multi-function equipment which is subjected simultaneously to different clauses of this standard and/or other standards shall meet the provisions of each clause/standard with the relevant functions in operation. The limits in this standard have been determined on a probabilistic basis to keep the suppression of disturbances within economically reasonable limits while still achieving an adequate level of radio protection and electromagnetic compatibility. In exceptional cases, additional provisions may be required.