Lined Fire Hose for Interior Standpipes
1.1 These requirements cover lined interior standpipe fire hose in the 1½ and 2½ inch sizes that is intended:
- For fire-protection purposes only;
- For use with inside standpipes installed in accordance with the Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems, NFPA 14;
- For use on hose racks and reels and in cabinets where the specific combination of hose and rack, reel, or cabinet has been investigated and found acceptable;
- To withstand infrequent service; and
- To be periodically inspected and maintained while in service, as outlined in the Standard for the Care, Use, Inspection, Service Testing and Replacement of Fire Hose, Couplings, Nozzles and Fire Hose Appliances, NFPA 1962.
1.2 The 1½ inch size hose is intended for use primarily by the building occupants for the control of incipient fires until the arrival of the fire department.
1.3 The 2½ inch size hose is intended for use by fire departments and those trained in handling large water streams required during the more advance stages of fire on the inside of buildings or for exposure fire protection.
1.4 These requirements do not cover couplings nor their method of attachment.